AnFX empowers both professionals and newbie web developers with a truly intuitive and efficient web authoring technology to create high impact menus, movies, presentations and export them as either Flash movies (.swf) or Java applets.
It's so easy to use ... no coding or scripting required
Installation is quick and YOU can be creating world class designs in 15 minutes! If you can use a mouse then you can develop AnFX designs using the point and click AnFX design studio on Windows 98/Me/NT/2000/XP. You don't need to learn a new computer language or create cryptic script files. The designer makes creating Flash or Java based animated content a breeze. View a screen shot here
Text Effect, Menu and Button Wizards make it all so easy
AnFX comes complete with a set of wizards to allow fast, easy creation of Text effects, menus and buttons.
AnFX is unique in its support for managed scenes. Scenes have been an integral part of the AnFX product architecture from day one. Quickly create links that jump from one scene to the next from menu items or buttons or from any other object.
Slide Show Capability
Combine common foreground and background layers with AnFX's scene management and you have an excellent tool for creating animated slide shows. Create online tutorials for your products, walk visitors through a process, provide online educational courses. With AnFX, everyone's an expert!
Break free of HTML's limited capabilities
Now anyone including individuals at home, graphic artists or corporate web developers can harness the power of Flash or Java to create incredible effects and express their creative ideas much more freely.
Compact, Highly Optimized export files mean Fast Download and satisfied site visitors
Some other tools generate extremely bulking .swf files that take users on 56K modems a long time to download. AnFX optimizes movie files to make them smaller than normal.
» version 188.8.131.52 - posted on 2009-12-16
Fixes problems of some text not displaying properly when there are italic/bold and non italic/bold forms of the same font in a SWF. Fixes problem with bold or italic text not appearing for certain typefaces
» version 184.108.40.206 - posted on 2006-04-21
Workaround of the Eolas patent issue for IE, Configurable rotation centre, LoadMovie action supported
EULA - End User License Agreement
STEP AHEAD SOFTWARE END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
1. About this license
3. Evaluation License
4. Gold License
5. All Licenses
7. Authority to Distribute on CD-ROM, web sites etc.,
ABOUT THIS LICENSE
By using the Software, you agree to be bound by the terms of this legal Agreement between you, the end user ("User"), and Step Ahead Software ("Step Ahead Software"). If you do not agree to these terms, Step Ahead Software is unwilling to license the Software to you and you should promptly remove the Software from your computer, and erase any backups or copies you may have made.
This is a license agreement between Step Ahead Software and the User of a copy of the AnFX tool set, whether evaluation or otherwise, made up of the AnFX applet ("the applet") and the AnFX design studio ("the designer") and associated software, data and documentation and collectively known as "the software".
The software program "AnFX" and its accompanying distribution files (to be hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Software"), is and shall remain the property of Step Ahead Software. In addition and without any limitation to the foregoing the rights to reproduce, multiply and make copies of the Software is an shall remain the exclusive property of Step Ahead Software except as otherwise provided for in this agreement. The Software is protected by all applicable copyright laws and international treaties.
Step Ahead Software grants you a non-exclusive license to use its accompanying software product ("Software") for a single installation and usage on a single computer
This section applies if you have not purchased a user license from Step Ahead Software.
For a period of 30 days from the date you first received the evaluation software Step Ahead Software grants you the non exclusive right to use the AnFX animation design software on a single computer to build designs. You may generate Flash and Java animations using it, and you may publish the Java animation files on a web server, but they will have a message at the top directing viewers to the Step Ahead website. The Flash animations may only be run locally on your PC.
The use of this evaluation version is further constrained as follows:
(1) Use is for evaluation only. You are not granted the right to distribute or otherwise make available any data, designs or files, source code or class files included with or produced with the assistance of this product.
(2) Your evaluation period terminates 30 days after receiving the software for the first time. If you wish to use this part of this product or any design generated by this product after this time you must purchase a license (see http://www.stepahead.com.au/anfxp.htm for details of how to do this). After purchasing you will receive an electronic key by email which will turn your evaluation copy into a working copy.
(3) The .AFX data files generated by the AnFX designer will work when played locally on your PC but will display an evaluation message when loaded across the internet. You will need to purchase a full user license to have this message removed for use over the internet.
The conditions below under "ALL LICENSES" also apply to this evaluation license.
The rights granted in this section apply only if you have purchased a "Gold License" from Step Ahead Software or one of their authorrized affiliates.
Step Ahead Software grants you the non exclusive right to use the AnFX animation design software on your home computer AND your work computer (if applicable) so long as the software is only ever used on one of these PCs at any given time. The intent in granting you this right is to enable you to work on AnFX designs from both home and work.
AnFX designs can be deployed as either Flash (in which case the exported .swf file(s) can be uploaded to the appropriate web site(s)) or as Java (in which case the compact AnFX Java applet code is uploaded to your website in addition to any animation file(s) .afx. Step Ahead Software grants you the non exclusive right to install the AnFX applet code (these are the files with .class, *.cab and *.jar file extensions) - on as many different web sites as you want, for the sole purpose of running AnFX animations which have been developed by you on "the PCs" using your licensed copy of the AnFX animation design software. You must not use it for any other purpose. You MAY deploy the AnFX designs you make and the required AnFX applet files on another website for which you are developing content)
You MUST NOT distribute the AnFX animation design software to anyone else in any form except as allowed in the section AUTHORITY TO DISTRIBUTE below.
This section applies to the all AnFX licenses.
- remain solely responsible to anyone executing a design developed by you using AnFX.
- indemnify and hold Step Ahead Software and its suppliers harmless from and against any claims or liabilities arising out of the use, reproduction or distribution of the program or its execution.
- comply fully with all relevant export laws and regulations of the United States to assure that the software or any part thereof is not exported, directly or indirectly, in violation of United States law.
You MUST NOT
- distribute, give away, or publish or otherwise make available, any serial number(s) or keys.
- use AnFX to assist in the deployment of a banner ad NETWORK (you can of course use AnFX to create an add for your services or products on your website or, if you have purchased a Gold license, your clients services products or services on their web site). To deploy AnFX in such a network is contrary to this license. If you are interested in using this technology to create a banner ad network you should email: firstname.lastname@example.org stating your interest in our banner ad product.
- use AnFX for the creation or deployment of multimedia content on a CD-ROM. Please contact Step Ahead Software for details regarding our special CD-ROM license.
- distribute to any person or make available on any machine any portions of this software except if you have purchased a user license and then your rights to distribute portions of the software are limited to those expressly granted in the appropriate section above.
- disassemble, decompile, recompile, reverse engineer or otherwise reduce the Software to a human perceivable form.
- make any copies of the Software, except a reasonable number of backup copies used solely for backup purposes except as permitted below in AUTHORITY TO DISTRIBUTE.
- transfer any of these rights to another party without Step Ahead Software's written permission.
- modify, network, rent, lend, loan, distribute or create derivative works based upon the Software, in whole or in part.
- remove from the Software or accompanying materials any copyright or trademark notices, logos, product or company names, labels or identifications.
- use the AnFX player for any other purpose than to play designs created by a licensed copy of the AnFX Design Studio.
- make any modifications to the software or any part thereof
Any enhancements, modifications or changes incorporated into the software as a result of feature requests, bug reports or other feedback also become and remain the property of Step Ahead Software.
You understand that not all features that can be set up in the AnFX studio are available for all export formats. You should check http://stepaheadsoftware.com/products/anfx/featureMap.htm for details of available features for each export format.
This program is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
In no event will Step Ahead Software or Macromedia or any of its licensors be liable to you for any damages, whether direct, indirect, incidental or consequential, arising from the use or inability to use this software, even if Step Ahead Software has been advised of such damages.
All patents, copyrights and other intellectual property in this product remain the property of Step Ahead Software Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.
If for any reason any portions of this agreement are not enforceable or unlawful then all other remaining portions will still form a valid license agreement.
AUTHORITY TO DISTRIBUTE
You may distribute the unmodified self installing executable which can be downloaded from http://stepaheadsoftware.com/anfxw32.exe (32 is for Win 32 not version 3.2) via
- Web sites
- FTP sites
- CD-ROMS associated with magazines or books
- FTP sites that distribute CD-ROMS
Please endeavour to obtain and distribute the latest version available near press time.
Web masters may prefer to provide a link to the above URL (instead of providing the program directly) to ensure that their site visitors pick up the latest version. Only an unmodified version of this self installing executable may be distributed.
This authority to distribute is limited by the following constraints:
- You must not charge a fee, rent or otherwise receive money for the executable other than the cost of media or a magazine or book which a CD-ROM containing the program is attached to.
- You are prohibited from defeating evaluation version limitations or making available or distributing in any way, unauthorized serial numbers/keys.